Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Matthew to Samsung: You win this round. And possibly the next few.

So I did it. I decided to go with the Gear 2 Neo in Wild Orange. Ordered it on Sunday and it'll be on my doorstep by tomorrow night. WHEEEEEEEE!!




With the counsel of my mom, I decided that it would be a good idea because, while I do hate monopolistic environments like Apple's, I have to understand that it may be good to lock into Samsung with the Gear 2 Neo. Samsung's ecosystem, while locked down to Samsung products, does offer a degree of openness since their phones and tablets do run Android. I can still work with other devices, so that'll be good in case I need to share something with another Android user.

That being said, until I decide if I want to leave Samsung's ecosystem, I know that my next major tech upgrade will be my trusty original Nexus 7, which will likely happen after I graduate in 2016. I'll probably get whatever 8-inch tablet Samsung is offering since a 7-8 inch screen feels the most comfy in my hands. I'll still use a MacBook for most computing and video processing/editing (Google, I love you but I detest the Chromebooks), and even then I know I'll upgrade my dear Sheila to something new! Oh, and I'm still deciding if I'll try out the Galaxy Note line of phones or just stick with Galaxy S.

In all, I think I'm making the best choice. I'm really sad to say good-by to Kreyos, as the Kreyos Meteor was my other consideration, but the G2N just does it for me. I feel confident in my purchase and I think I'll be very happy with it!

Now hurry up and get here so I can do an unboxing video and review, dangit.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment