Thursday, May 15, 2014

Welcome!

Hello one and all! Welcome to Hyperspace Jump!



That's my face.

My name is Matthew Ablon. I'm a current college student who's crazy, funny, nerdy, bookish, and just a happy guy in general!

I honestly don't know where to begin with introducing myself (aside from my name, of course, but well, that was a given), so I'll just start rattling off some random factoids and see where that gets me (jk, these aren't really random, but let's pretend they are)!

I am a current junior at Ouachita Baptist University hailing from Paris, Texas. I am in the process of earning my Bachelor of Arts in English and Mass Communications. I hold a work-study within Ouachita's Rogers Department of Communications as a videographer, meaning I get to use some of the best camera equipment in studio and in the field, as well as assisting in managing equipment for students in different video production courses! I'm also a member of the Tiger Marching Band, Tiger Blast ensemble, and Symphonic Band, where I play the baritone in treble clef! I also am a brother of the Lambda Epsilon chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi and will join the soon-to-be-in-business chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators!

Aside from academics, I am  a huge video gamer, consumer tech enthusiast, reader, writer, and overall nerd! Some of my nerdy passions include Doctor Who, Star Wars, BIONICLE, Lego, House M.D., Once Upon a Time, swordsmanship, reading CNET in excess, watching news broadcasts (shoutout to WFAA-TV in Dallas!), reading news either in print or online, reading books in general, writing, poetry, and following social media trends. My other hobbies include spending time with my French bulldog, Napoleon; eating pizza, criticizing politicians, sleeping, and listening to whatever music fits my mood at the time.

This blog will host any bevy of posts, be it a personal thought, a review, a commentary, an opinion, or just a rant in general!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me! You can request to follow me in Google+ and I'll definitely get back to you!

-M

2 comments: